These past few weeks have been quite a journey for our world, both personally and professionally. Last week was the first week of Landers Plaza team members working from home. We have already learned a lot and started to adapt to our “normal for now”. We wanted to encourage you and thank you for your work and resilience during this time.
Below you will find a compilation of best practices that we hope will encourage and equip you. Our continued mission to Invest in people, Inspire people to reach their goals in life and positively Impact the world will not be halted by our current circumstances.
Notes from training on “How to Navigate today’s work environment”
There will be an end to the pandemic and the stock market losses – and the economy will come back. It’s what we do until that bounce back that will make all the difference in the world. SWFC is a company that is poised to lead through this situation. First, we need to lead ourselves, then lead our families and our teams, and ultimately lead our clients through this unprecedented time.
- Go back to the fundamentals. Remind yourself that nothing is more important that your self-talk – what you say to yourself about yourself and about what you do.
- What are you saying to yourself right now?
- What are you thinking right now?
- Understand that worry hurts your health.
- The best thing we can do is to practice healthy habits.
- Work on your affirmations, being the voice of reason and calm for others.
- Your mental health controls everything, including your physical health.
- We need to keep our minds sharp and focused on the controllables.
- Crazy things have happened throughout history, but people have survived. It’s how we react to the negative events that matters.
- Our schedules and routines are our lifelines. You can still wake up, work out at home, follow the same routine and schedule, including with your children. Do you have a work schedule plan for the next 15 days?
- Work smart. When you’re making your calls, what are you going to say? Create scripts/word tracks that are customized to fit today’s environment.
- Use Empathy when talking with clients and co-workers: People want hope, but we don’t want to be fake about the importance of the reality of our situation. Don’t minimize reality. But people want to have conversations that are appropriately inspiring. Sometimes by just letting them have an opportunity to talk, you may be the only person they’ve been able to voice their own concerns with.
- Use this time to invest in yourself. Do virtual shadows. Focus on being the light to yourself, your fellow team members, your clients, and the people out there who don’t know us yet; this is where you can make your mark. Make time to sharpen your skills every day. Read technical skill training books (like Navigate 2.0 ☺). Shadow a top producer virtually.
Watch: Finding a Way Video
Let’s rise above this, be the calm in the storm. This is our time to shine and to continually challenge ourselves to learn, grow, and improve. Let’s be productive, positive, and get things done while staying safe and healthy.