Southwestern Travel Group is one of the newest additions to the 150+-year-old Southwestern Family of Companies. Southwestern Travel Group is a full-service travel agency that specializes in group travel ranging from student group travel to meetings and incentives.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Southwestern Travel Group is part of a diversified, growing, international, employee-owned corporation with 20+ companies representing a variety of industries including School Fundraising, Sales Training and Coaching, Publishing, Real Estate, Talent Acquisition, and Financial Services.
Unique in the marketplace, Southwestern Travel Group leverages existing internal relationships while expanding their offering to external client partners. At the heart of their mission is the belief that travel is an extension of the journey of life.
Reporting directly to the President & Founder, the Sales Representative supports the business objectives for the organization by selling, consulting, and advising travel clients on destination planning. May include working on remote assignments and planning all types of group travel, including incentives and meetings for corporate clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
(Other duties may be assigned)
· Develop, build and manage a client base of travel accounts using SalesForce CRM or similar
· Be accountable for daily metrics and enter Critical Success Factors into the CSF accounting tool.
· Top Sales Producer
· Practioner in the art of travel and sales and have a passion for self-development.
· Work independently on a day-to-day basis while also communicating with other members of the Southwestern Travel Group team on a weekly, if not daily, communication by phone, email, through project management tools, or through our CRM.
· Network and attend annual conventions & trade shows as it relates to booking travel both domestically and internationally (including but not limited to FAM Trips, CLIA events, ASTA, CONNECT, IMEX, or other networking events, etc.).
· Network and promote Southwestern Travel Group locally, presenting best practices, and travel pro tips to potential clients.
· Demonstrate the ability to self-generate leads as well as build lasting client relationships
· Oversee the sales process at each stage, working closely with the in house operations team to quote, contract, and fulfill the group travel requests. Follow up with clients regularly as needed.
· Target new travel client types including but not limited to Student Groups, Performance Groups, Leisure Affinity Groups- Wine, Golf & Spa Groups. Bank Groups, Senior Groups & Chamber Groups, etc.).
· Review internal client lists using SalesForce for potential group travel business.
· Build relationships with sales representatives from the different operating divisions of the Southwestern Family of Companies to encourage warm sales leads for domestic and international group travel.
· Follow the sales process to bring on new travel clients.
· Follow the training process for sales representatives.
· Work with in house operations team to onboard new travel clients.
· Provide solutions to travel-related problems clients may have.
· Learn new software and maintain excellent computer skills.
· Provide proactive thought leadership around new initiatives and programs.
· Enter all new customer data and other sales data for current customers into the customer database.
· Enter new vendor data and other pertinent vendor data into the vendor database, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Read, analyze, and interpret general business information.
· Build & maintain reports, spreadsheets, and databases to measure business performance.
· Working knowledge of all aspects of Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision.
· Organized and detail-oriented individual who values open and constant communication teammates.
· Believes in having fun and has values, helping others succeed in their personal and professional lives.
· Gets stuff DONE!
· Sets a goal and then takes action to conquer it.
· Is always learning and growing.
· Desires to be a part of something larger than themselves.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Remote position–duties can be performed anywhere.
· Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of regular working hours (evenings and weekends).
· Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 20% of the time spent traveling.