Southwestern Travel Group
2451 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
Southwestern Travel Group (https://southwesterntravel.com/) is one of the newer additions and fastest growing to the 150+ year old Southwestern Family of Companies. Southwestern Travel Group is a full-service travel agency that specializes in group travel ranging from student group travel to meetings and incentives for corporations and inspired leisure travel.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Southwestern Travel Group is part of a diversified, growing, international, employee-owned corporation with 19+ companies representing a variety of industries including but not limited to School Fundraising, Sales Training and Coaching, Publishing, Real Estate, Talent Acquisition and Financial Services.
Unique in the marketplace, Southwestern Travel Group is able to leverage existing internal relationships while expanding their offering to external client partners. At the heart of their mission is the belief that travel is an extension of the journey of life.
This is an opportunity to join a young, scaling division of a mature, stable, well-funded Nashville corporation that has been rated as a 2016 Top Workplace by The Tennessean, a 2015 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics from the Better Business Bureau, and a 2014 Best in Business by American Business Journals. In addition, this position will work hand-in-hand with one of Nashville Business Journal’s 2017 Most Admired former CEO and current Chairman of the Board, Henry Bedford.
The Student Group Travel Coordinator will report to Founder and President, Terri Rickard and Team Leader, Sarah Ellis. He or she will work closely with the in-house operations team to accurately plan and book student travel. The travel coordinator will serve as a liaison between sales reps, vendors and travel suppliers, corporate departments such as accounting and HR and customers to ensure all travel needs are met, in the most cost-effective manner. He or she will help coordinate flights, ground transportation, activities and lodging for student group travel clients.
The Travel Coordinator is the primary contact to our student group clients and can expect to manage incoming phone calls, inquiries and emails for the department.
- Provide day-to-day support, which could include travel suppliers and vendors, customers and corporate offices such as accounting. Basic day-to-day support includes some database entry, invoicing, filing and other office support.
- Itinerary building
- Account Management
- Knowledge and use of Online Registration System
- Contract negotiation
- A demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks, communicate effectively and carry out directives with flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to handle a high volume of stress with ease and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve any conflicts that arise with a sense of urgency, efficiency and accuracy
- Strong collaborative team player
- Strong customer service and problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Oversee company phone and email, and respond to group travel related questions as appropriate
- Track and reconcile group travel spending to ensure adherence to event budget and monitor volume for room nights, meeting rooms as required to provide a source of information to secure additional savings based on usage
- Accountable for taking a role in maintaining the skills and qualifications necessary to provide quality customer service and support vendor relationships, including attendance at mandatory training sessions
- Oversee ordering, inventory and distribution of SWTG student group swag and other marketing materials as directed
- Promptly notify manager of all matters of significance
- Responsible for regular attendance and adherence as outlined in work schedule mutually agreed upon with supervisor. Regular office hours 8 am-5pm CST
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company policies and procedures
- Willingness to be available off-hours to handle all travel related emergencies and/or issues as needed. Sense of urgency to facilitate adjusting schedules
- Maintain favorable working relationships with consultants, sales representatives and all other company employees
- Provide proactive thought leadership around new initiatives and programs
- Enter new customer travel data into customer database as needed
- Enters new vendor data into vendor database as needed
- High school diploma or GED required but a 2 or 4 year college degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of PayPal Manager is a bonus
- Knowledge of leisure travel sites, meetings registration applications, and audio and video conferencing systems a bonus
- Sales experience (2+) years is a bonus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office/home office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may provide the optional opportunity to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
Please submit your resume
Job Type: Full Time