Southwestern Travel Group
2451 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
Southwestern Travel is part of the 150+-year-old Southwestern Family of Companies. Southwestern Travel is a full-service travel agency that specializes in group travel ranging from educational student group travel to meetings and incentives for corporations.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Southwestern Travel is part of a diversified, growing, international, employee-owned corporation with 12+ companies representing a variety of industries including School Fundraising, Sales Training and Coaching, Publishing, Real Estate, Talent Acquisition, and Financial Services.
Unique in the marketplace, Southwestern Travel is able to leverage existing internal relationships while expanding their offering to external client partners. At the heart of their mission is the belief that travel is an extension of the journey of life.
Reporting directly to the Founder, the Corporate Travel Agent/Travel Coordinator supports the business objectives for the organization by selling, consulting, booking, and advising corporate clients on event and travel planning. This may include working on remote assignments and planning meetings and incentive events for internal and external clients.
This is an opportunity to join a young, scaling division of a mature, stable, well-funded Nashville corporation that has been rated as a 2016 Top Workplace by The Tennessean, a 2015 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics from the Better Business Bureau, and a 2014 Best in Business by American Business Journals.
- College degree preferred
- 3-5 years Corporate Travel Agency experience required
- World Span GDS experience required
- Trams Back Office experience required
- MS Office Suite. Experience in Contract Negotiation for travel suppliers, including air, car, hotel, and tour providers.
The Travel Agent/Travel Coordinator will report to Founder, Terri Rickard, and will work closely with the other in-house operations team to accurately plan and book corporate travel. The travel coordinator will serve as a liaison between vendors and travel suppliers, Southwestern Family of Companies corporate departments such as accounting and HR, and all other customers to ensure all travel needs are met in the most cost-effective manner. He or she will primarily help coordinate corporate and group flights, rental cars, and hotels, as well as some ground transportation, activities, and lodging for group travel clients.
The Travel Agent/Travel Coordinator is the primary contact with our corporate clients and can expect to manage incoming phone calls, inquiries, and emails for the corporate travel department.
- Book corporate travel through GDS to include flights, car rentals, and hotels.
- Provide support for travelers with visa and passport and work closely with our partner CIBTvisa.
- Provide day-to-day support, which could include travel suppliers and vendors, customers, and corporate offices, such as accounting. Basic day to day support includes some database entry, invoicing, filing, and other office support.
- A demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks, communicate effectively, and carry out directives with flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to handle a high volume of stress with ease and accuracy.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve any conflicts that arise with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Strong collaborative team player.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Oversee company phone and email, and respond to corporate and group travel-related questions as appropriate.
- Some support with tracking and reconciling corporate and group travel spending to ensure adherence to event budget and monitor volume for room nights, meeting rooms as required to provide a source of information to secure additional savings based on usage.
- Responsible for regular attendance and adherence, as outlined in the work schedule, mutually agreed upon with the supervisor. Regular office hours 8 am-5 pm CST.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to comply with company policies and procedures fully.
- Maintain favorable working relationships with consultants, sales representatives, and all other company employees
- Provide proactive thought leadership around new initiatives and programs
- Enter new customer travel data into customer database as needed
- Enters new vendor data into the vendor database as needed
- Work with and manager our after-hours relationship with TL24.
- High school diploma or GED required, but a 2 or 4-year college degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Full knowledge of Worldspan GDS.
- Knowledge of travel booking sites, meetings, registration applications, and audio and video conferencing systems a bonus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may provide the optional opportunity to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
Interested? Submit your information: