2451 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
The Staff Accountant is responsible for administrative accounting and bookkeeping functions. This includes maintaining and disbursing company funds and processing payments and other accounting documentation for customers or the general ledger accounts. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Demonstrate the company values while supporting the mission.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage ACH payment process including maintaining spreadsheet, posting, notifying coaches and reconciling with SAP system.
- Process refunds and dispute chargeback of customer charges.
- Update and verify client dashboards.
- Review invoices from vendors and coding for posting.
- Responsible for verifying receipts for all travel reimbursement and business expense reimbursement requests. Complete the check request/wire portion of the report with the proper GL account numbers
- Maintain and respond to incoming messages for accounting email boxes.
- Balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Conduct financial analysis to discover variances.
- Assist in preparing the monthly financial package.
- Responsible for providing customer assistance regarding billing inquiries and other matters as well as answering the rollover customer phone line.
- Provide assistance and support to the Controller with special projects.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publication; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional associations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- 2 years of accounting or finance experience.
- 10-key experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Quick and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while accomplishing daily tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to effectively operate computer equipment, software systems and databases.
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
- Ability to communicate via telephone, computer and work in virtual teams.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle to other office locations as needed.
- The responsibilities may require occasional overnight travel.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
Employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to a manager or the Human Resources Department.
Southwestern Family of Companies affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see the Human Resources Department for additional information.