Southwestern Investment Group
801 Crescent Centre Drive, Suite 600
Franklin, TN 37067
The Staff Accountant assists the Assistant Controller and Chief Financial Officer in support of business goals and growth by driving operational efficiencies in accounting and providing Management with timely financial reporting and analysis of financial results. This position has responsibility for daily and monthly processes related to general ledger accounting, financial reporting, business expense reporting, compensation, and budgeting.
- Month End Close. Assist with routine monthly general ledger accounting and financial reporting to include: month end close journal entries (prepared and keyed into SAP) and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Statistics. Distribute monthly statistics to Management including production reporting/rankings, Ramsey SmartVestor Pro lead reports and other reporting that may be requested by Sales Management. Track statistics as needed for contest/incentive purposes. Prepare and balance production and assets report for monthly financial package.
- Budget. Assist as needed with annual and long-range budget preparations for multiple offices and cost centers, including the input of budget data into SAP.
- Invoice Processing. Process all invoices in a timely manner; prepare check / wire requests for approval by Assistant Controller, submit approved invoices/wire requests to Corporate Accounts Payable.
- Cash Receipts Processing (for outside insurance and direct RIA fees). Code with appropriate G/L account number and cost center, submit to designated SWIG staff for scanning/deposit of checks. Prepare and key cash journal entries. Maintain monthly report of fees paid and insurance revenues by advisor for commission purposes.
- Credit Card Processing. Maintain monthly credit card income and update expired credit card information.
- Fixed Assets. Track fixed asset purchases and reconcile to orders/requisitions. Make entries to General Ledger and provide Corporate Accounting with documentation. Track/record asset disposals and communicate to Corporate Accounting.
- Financial Advisor Expense Reporting/Expensify maintenance. Review monthly expense reports for compliance with tax regulations, confirm accuracy of category coding, and verify backup documentation
- File Maintenance. Maintain Advisor contract files; assure that contracts are prepared, signed and filed for new hires (Mentees, Financial Advisors).
- Insurance Licensing. Maintain current list of state insurance licenses and renew required licenses as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by the Assistant Controller and CFO.
Bachelor’s in Accounting
1-2 years of broad accounting experience
Proficiency working with Excel essential; working knowledge of SAP and Expensify preferred but not required.
Essential Mental Functions
Time management with ability to multi-task, written and verbal communication, decision-making skills, independent work ethic with limited supervision, cost effective mindset.
Essential Physical Functions
Use computer, copier, telephone, occasional lifting
Computer and related peripherals, calculator, 10 – key
Key relationships with Assistant Controller, CFO, SWIG Sales Management and Corporate shared services staff.