2451 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
The Speakers Agent is engaged in various sales and customer experience processes including contract negotiations, sales proposals, product shipping, invoicing, and customer service. A major function of this role is to serve as a revenue generating producer. This position reports to the President of Southwestern Speakers and is responsible for creating and reviewing proposals, managing deliverables, and organizing & maintaining speaker materials. At all times, the Speakers Agent will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and demonstrate the Company values while supporting the mission.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a revenue generating producer responsible for business development through sourcing, managing, and distributing leads and cultivating relationships for speaking and training opportunities
- Oversee contract and agreement negotiations. Ensure service requirements and terms are met.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for Southwestern Speakers
- Make decisions about negotiated fees for keynotes with prospective clients within the acceptable range established by the Company
- Create and review sales proposals utilizing applicable systems
- Manage deliverables and oversee that deliverers are paid timely and per agreement
- Collaborate with internal departments/teams to collect, manage and store speaker materials
- Provide exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs, quickly responding to customer concerns, and exceeding customer expectations
- Oversee various sales and customer service processes performed by other departments to ensure exceptional customer experience (i.e. workbook completion, product shipping, invoicing, sales reporting)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree
- 3 years of experience booking trainers or speakers
- Work experience or familiarity with personal development
- Prior management experience a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while accomplishing daily tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic
- Commitment to service excellence
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team
- Maintains confidentiality discretion
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives
- Willing to grow and be challenged
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to effectively operate computer equipment, software systems and databases.
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
- Ability to communicate via telephone, computer and work in virtual teams.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle to other office locations as needed.
- The responsibilities may require occasional overnight travel.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
Employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to a manager or the Human Resources Department.
Southwestern Family of Companies affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see the Human Resources Department for additional information.