Southwestern Family of Companies
The Senior Accounting Clerk is responsible for various accounting and administrative functions in the Corporate Accounting Department for Southwestern Family of Companies. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and will work closely with other team members within the department. The Senior Accounting Clerk will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and demonstrate the Company values while supporting the mission.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scan checks for deposit to bank accounts on a daily basis and post payments to SAP as necessary
- Monthly reconciliations of various cash/bank accounts
- Responsible for various monthly closing entries and account analysis
- Verify Corporate Administrative Expense/Travel Reports according to company policy and forward to appropriate personnel for approvals and processing
- Monthly distribution of Pinnacle credit card transactions to various company accounting staff.
- Make monthly cash entries for credit card payments.
- Retrieve and verify receipts for corporate cards and make monthly journal entries to record expenses.
- Data entry to annual 1099’s for Stock transactions (B, C & INT)
- Authorize and process credit card payments when necessary
- Process Corporate UPS bill for payment
- Assist the Corporate Controller with processing various income tax returns, business tax returns, and census reporting
- Maintain and process unclaimed property for all companies
- Back-up and assist staff accountants with various tasks such as processing domestic and international wires, posting journals entries, and other functions based on business need
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- 5 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience in a corporate environment
- 5 years of bank account reconciliation experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while accomplishing daily tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic
- Commitment to service excellence
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic
- Self-starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of supporting a team
- Maintains confidentiality discretion
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives
- Willing to grow and be challenged
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Advanced computer skills and ability to effectively operate computer equipment, software systems and databases
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment
- Ability to communicate via telephone, computer and work in virtual teams
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle to other office locations as needed
- The responsibilities may require occasional overnight travel
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
Employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to a manager or the Human Resources Department.
Southwestern Family of Companies affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see the Human Resources Department for additional information.