Southwestern Family of Companies
At Southwestern Family of Companies our mission is to be the best organization in the world at helping people develop the skills and character they need to achieve their goals in life. We take this responsibility very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Southwestern Family of Companies is a fast-paced rapidly-growing company so you must be adaptable, flexible, willing and able to handle change and work quickly.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant, which is a full-time position in Nashville, Tennessee, to join our Corporate Accounting Department. A successful candidate must be an experienced problem solver who has excellent communication skills. The position is primarily to facilitate the timely and accurate reporting of the daily accounting functions for multiple businesses. Our goal is to train and develop strong candidates for advancement within our family of companies by working alongside our Controller and CFO who believe in fostering professional growth. There is a strong opportunity for career growth once you’ve mastered the skills of our internal systems.
Duties will include:
- Executing the daily operations of the accounting department by providing quality bookkeeping services
- Recording all deposit activity from US and global merchant accounts and properly allocating to accounts and classes
- Reconciling GL accounts and providing financial analysis of variances
- Assist in preparing sales statistical performances reports and monthly financial packages
- Assist with providing training and support to sales force and operations team on financial matters
- Assist the Controller with the daily functions related to Income Taxes
- Assist the Controller and CFO in special projects and other assigned tasks as necessary
We are looking for someone who is highly productive, very detail oriented and who has excellent communication skills. We have a culture of flexibility and are more about our team accomplishing tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Must be able to prioritize accuracy, be great at managing priorities and deadlines and follow the current process/system while looking for ways to improve the process/system.
This person also has to have a passion for numbers. We want you to love what you do!
In a high-growth business, things are always changing, and there are moments of intensity. We pride ourselves on being able to function at a high level even when things get busy; we accomplish this by working together as a team and communicating effectively so we expect the same from you.
Our culture is one of traditional values and one that believes in the following:
- Hard work
- Personal development
- Continual growth
- Fun and
- A positive attitude.
We want someone who is committed and excited about being with our company for the long-term. This is not a job fit for someone who is looking for a stepping stone. This is a fit for someone who wants to have an incredible opportunity for advancement and to stick with one team that is growing for the long haul.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office (especially Excel), accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate and process large amounts of data
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Excellent organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy while following a process/system
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Love for improving operational processes as well as self-improvement
You can learn more about us at www.southwestern.com
We can’t wait to talk to you soon!