2451 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
At Southwestern Consulting, we exist to help people achieve their goals in life. We take the responsibility very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Southwestern Consulting is a fast-paced rapidly-growing company so there is a lot of opportunities but you must be adaptable, flexible, willing and able to handle change.
We are searching for a Controller, which is a full-time position in Nashville, Tennessee, to join our Special Operations Team. This person must be an experienced problem solver and leader with excellent communication skills. The position is primarily to be an active lead the financial and accounting function of the business and bring principled decision making to the leadership team to facilitate growth in the profitability of the business. You will report directly to the CFO who believes in fostering professional growth.
Duties will include:
- Being a respected leader within the Company, including training and leading a team of accounting and finance staff
- Responsible for the maintenance of general ledger and accounting system
- Responsible for informing and advising key persons of trends and developments within financial records and sales activity reports as a result of analytical work to assure that accurate information necessary to make decisions is received timely
- Review and approval of invoices, commission wires, timesheets and payroll
- Review and approval of general ledger entries and preparation of the financial statement package
- Review current compensation and incentive plans periodically and design new plans as needed
- Preparation of financial reports used to manage the business
- Leading Financial Statement Review meetings with leadership team
- Assist in the annual budget and forecasting process
- Interface with sales market managers to answer compensation and business questions, facilitate problem solving
- Interface with Corporate departments to make business decisions with financial and/or risk impact
- Assist the CFO in special projects and other assigned tasks as necessary
There is a strong opportunity for career growth.
We are looking for someone who is highly productive, very detail oriented and who has excellent communication skills. We have a culture of flexibility and are more about our team accomplishing tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Must be able to prioritize accuracy, be great at managing priorities and deadlines and follow the current process/system while looking for ways to improve the process/system.
This person also has to have a passion for numbers. We want you to love what you do!
In a high-growth business, things are always changing, and there are moments of intensity. We pride ourselves on being able to function at a high level even when things get busy; we accomplish this by working together as a team and communicating effectively so we expect the same from you.
Our culture is one of traditional values and one that believes in the following:
- Hard work
- Personal development
- Continual growth
- Fun and
- A positive attitude.
We want someone who is committed and excited about being with our company for the long-term. This is not a job fit for someone who is looking for a stepping stone. This is a fit for someone who wants to have an incredible opportunity for advancement and to stick with one team that is growing for the long haul.
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant license is preferred
- Proven working experience in accounting (a minimum of 5 years)
- Proven leadership experience
- Advanced computer skills (especially Excel), accounting software, and databases
- Ability to manipulate and process large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy while following a process/system
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Love for improving operational processes as well as self-improvement
You can learn more about us at www.southwesternconsulting.com
We can’t wait to talk to you soon!